De Bruyne as fondly called is a Belgian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Manchester City and the Belgium national team. The 30-year-old Manchester City playmaker is widely regarded as one of the best players in the world and of his generation. Pundits have often described him as a “complete footballer”. He is probably most famous for being an attacking midfielder or winger for Manchester City. He has also played for the German Bundesliga club VfL Wolfsburg and the Belgium national team.
Kelvin De Bruyne’s Club Football Career
He started his club career at Genk, where he was a regular player when they won the 2010–11 Belgian Pro League. Nevertheless, he joined the English club Chelsea, where he was used sparingly and then loaned to Werder Bremen. Kelvin de Bruyne signed with Wolfsburg in 2012 for £18 million in 2014, where he established himself as one of the best players in the Bundesliga and was integral in the club’s 2014–15 DFB-Pokal win.
In the 2015 summer transfer window, De Bruyne joined Manchester City for a club record of £54 million. He has since won four Premier League titles, five League Cups and an FA Cup with the club. In 2017–18 he had a significant role in Manchester City’s record in becoming the only Premier League team to attain 100 points in a single season. The Belgium international tied the record for most assists in a Premier League season and was awarded Player of the Season (which he won again in 2021–22).
International Football Career
The Manchester City talisman made his full international debut in 2010, and he has since earned over 90 caps and scored 24 goals for Belgium. De Bruyne was a member of the Belgian squads that reached the quarter-finals both at the 2014 FIFA World Cup and at UEFA Euro 2016. As a matter of fact, he represented Belgium at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, where Belgium won the third place play-off match against England, and was named in the FIFA World Cup Dream Team.
Kevin De Bruyne Biography
Kevin De Bruyne, in spite of being a Belgian naturally, considering the fact that his mother is from Belgium, De Bruyne was born in Africa, Burundi to be precise.
Again, it will be pertinent to note that part of his early life was also spent in the Ivory Coast due to the job obligations of his parents at the time. De Bruyne’s actual hometown is Drongen, a sub municipality of the city of Ghent, which is situated in Flanders, the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium.
Kelvin De Bruyne aside from speaking Dutch as his primary language, he is also able to speak other languages fluently including English, French, and German.
Kevin De Bruyne’s Football Career Achievement
- Belgian Pro League: 2010–11
- Belgian Cup: 2008–09
- Belgian Super Cup: 2011
- DFB-Pokal: 2014–15
- DFL-Supercup: 2015
- Premier League: 2017–18, 2018–19
- FA Cup: 2018–19
- Football League/EFL Cup: 2015–16, 2017–18, 2018–19,] 2019–20
- FA Community Shield: 2019
- FIFA World Cup third place: 2018
- Bundesliga Young Player of the Year: 2012–13
- Bundesliga Player of the Year: 2014–15
- Bundesliga Team of the Year: 2014–15
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2014–15
- Footballer of the Year (Germany): 2015
- France Football World XI: 2015
- Belgian Sportsman of the Year: 2015
- Manchester City Player of the Season: 2015–16, 2017–18, 2019–20
- Manchester City Goal of the Season: 2019–20, 2016
- FIFA Ballon d’Or/Ballon d’Or: 2015 (18th place) 2016 (20th place) 2017 (14th place) 2018 (9th place) 2019 (14th place)
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2018 (8th place) 2020 (5th place)
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2020
- FIFA FIFPro World11 2nd team: 2018
- FIFA FIFPro World11 3rd team: 2016
- FIFA FIFPro World11 nominee: 2019 (8th midfielder)
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2017, 2019, 2020
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2017, 2019, 2020
- ESM Team of the Year: 2017–18, 2019–20
- PFA Team of the Year: 2017–18 Premier League, 2019–20 Premier League
- Premier League Playmaker of the Season: 2017–18, 2019–20
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20
- EA Sports FIFA Team of the Year: 2018, 2019, 2020
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2018
- Premier League Goal of the Month: November 2019, July 2020
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2019–20
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2019–20
- UEFA Men’s Player of the Year Award: 2017-18 (7th place) 2019–20 (2nd place)
- UEFA Champions League Midfielder of the Season: 2019–20
- World Soccer’s Men’s World Player of the Year: 2020 (2nd place)
- Goal 50: 2019–20 (second place)
- IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker: 2020
- IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker runner-up: 2019
- IFFHS UEFA Team of the Decade: 2011–2020
Kevin De Bruyne Net Worth
According to NetWorth Bro website, the Belgian midfielder is earning a hefty amount of money with his salary itself. He has an estimated net worth of roughly $60 million.
Kevin De Bruyne Endorsements
- EA Sports