JAMB Admission Status…The admission status checking portal has been activated by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). UTME and Direct Entry candidates can now start to check their admission status on JAMB portal once they are done with the necessary screening of their respective institution of choice. See the simplified method to check JAMB admission list below.
The management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has opened the portal for checking of admission status for all years. Checking of admission status on JAMB portal is totally FREE!
With the advent of JAMB CAPS, most institutions now direct their prospective students to check their admission status on JAMB portal before they upload it on their official portal.
Checking of admission status on JAMB is quite easy and straightforward. Candidates do not need to visit a cybercafe or computer centre to be able to access their admission status.
You can access JAMB admission list website using a computer connected to the internet or the browser on your mobile phone as long as you have data on it. See the appropriate method on how to do that below.
How to Check JAMB Admission Status.
In case you don’t have an account with JAMB (especially candidates from 2016 downward), you will have to create one to be able to check your admission status.
If you already have a JAMB profile, just jump to the steps outlined below:
- Go to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) E-facility portal at jamb.org.ng/efacility.
- Login to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- After successfully logging in, scroll down then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- Select your Exam year and Enter your registration number in the required columns.
- Finally, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to access your admission status.
Below is the list of responses you will get from JAMB and their meaning:
- CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED PROVISIONAL ADMISSION: you can now proceed to ACCEPT or Reject the admission offer. Consider the advice HERE.
- ADMISSION IN PROGRESS: this means you have been recommended for admission and only undergoing processing. With admission in progress, consider yourself admitted. Just keep checking back and see the notification change to congratulations you have been admitted.
- NOT ADMITTED: this response simply means you are yet to be considered for admission. Regularly check the JAMB site to see if any changes occur. However, you can also consider the advice available HERE.
Next Step for Candidates Admitted on JAMB Portal
Successfully admitted candidates are advised to:
- Login to their JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and ACCEPT or REJECT their admission.
Recommended: How to Reject/Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS.
- Print their JAMB admission letter after accepting the admission. This will be needed during clearance and registration.
- Print their original JAMB result slip (this comes with passport photography affixed to it).
- Apply for a change of course on the JAMB Portal in case they are offered courses different from the ones they initially applied for.
What to do if Your JAMB Admission Status shows ‘Not Yet Admitted’
Not Yet admitted? If yes, please take note of the following:
1. Login into JAMB CAPS to verify your O’level result upload.
It’s important to verify whether your O’level result has been uploaded on the JAMB portal or not. As failure to upload your O’level result can affect your JAMB admission status.
- Log-in to your JAMB profile (https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility_/)
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status,
- Click on ‘Access my CAPS’
- Click on ‘My O’level’ to confirm if your O’level is uploaded. If not visit any nearby accredited JAMB CBT centre to upload your O’level result. Admission cannot be processed for candidates whose O’level status in CAPS indicates ‘Awaiting Result’.
2. Check if you have been recommended for transfer to another program.
Based on the JAMB CAPS implementation policy, institutions have the right to consider some candidates for transfer from the choice programme to another programme because of UTME and O’level combinations.
Candidates are expected to monitor their admission by following the instructions a-c above, then click the ‘Transfer Approval’ link to know if they are recommended for transfer to another program. You are required to either accept or reject, this transfer consideration. If you accept, your first choice institution will be able to admit you to the new program. If you reject, you will remain in your preferred Course / Program. The program transfer will not be effected.
3. You applied for the JAMB UTME with awaiting result.
Candidates who used ‘awaiting result’ during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on the JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will process their admission. Direct-entry candidates including JUPEB students should also upload their A’level and O’level results to avoid disqualification. This is to enable the screening officers to determine their qualifications for admission. Recommended: How to Upload O’Level Result on JAMB Portal / Profile.
Have you been offered admission? If yes, follow the link below to accept or reject your admission offer:
NB: Successfully admitted candidates are advised to ensure that they indicate the acceptance or rejection of admission online and timely to enable the processing of their admission.
- Not offered admission yet? Keep checking the JAMB website for your admission status. Note that the Admission List will be published in batches on JAMB portal as they are processed.
Do you know you can score high in your University or Polytechnic of your choice Post-UTME and gain admission if you start preparing now? The question is HOW? If you really want to know how then kindly drop your email address and your questions in the box below we will respond to you immediately.