Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable firm, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fiber Optics Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for customer premise installations, including racking, cabling, bonding and grounding.
- Coordinate fiber activities with other departments and the Manager of OSP construction
- Perform ring cuts on live fiber without affecting existing services.
- Perform fiber tests with OTDR’s, light source and meters.
- Terminate, splice, bonds/grounds and tests fiber optic equipment to division standards.
- Provide accurate equipment location, splicing and terminating records for the fiber database.
- Assist Construction/Engineering departments in accepting and turning up the fiber network.
- Perform installation of fiber optic equipment and patch and panels.
- Monitor, communicate and perform corrective actions to fix problems affecting any fiber or fiber related equipment.
- Install demarcation enclosures and other telecom equipment.
- Must be well versed in modern fiber splicing techniques.
- OTDR, power meters, traffic identifiers, digital multimeters, cleavers, strippers, buffer tube splitters, cable ring tools, hand tools, toners, duct rodders, ladders, bucket trucks
- Ability to work under minimal supervision. And apply technical expertise to evaluate problems and implementing the best solutions.
- Work a variety of schedules including normal duty and on call duty.
- Will be required to work night shifts and overtime when needed.
- B.Sc / HND in Electrical Electronic / Computer Engineering or other related course.
- Independent problem solver combined with strong team orientation.
- 4+ years of technical experience in a telecommunications or network operations environment.
- Knowledgeable in cisco switching and routing configuration and troubleshooting
- Good understanding of telecommunication equipment operation
- Good experience of multi-vendor telecommunication equipment
- Age: More than 25 years old
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2022.