The Belgian professional footballer, Eden Michael Hazard is one of the tremendous players who plays as a winger or attacking midfielder for Spanish club Real Madrid and captains the Belgium national team. Hazard is known for his creativity, dribbling, passing and vision, Hazard was considered one of the best players in the world during his prime.
Eden Hazard’s Club football Career
According to a skysport report, Eden Hazard is the son of two former footballers and began his career in Belgium playing for local youth clubs. The Belgian international star moved to France, where he began his senior career with Ligue 1 club Lille. As per theathletics report, he spent two years in the club’s academy and, at the age of 16, made his professional debut in November 2007. Hazard became an integral part of the Lille team under manager Rudi Garcia. In his first full season, he became the first non-French player to win the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year award, and the following season became the first player to win the award twice.
According to his career statistics, in the 2010–11 season, he was a part of the Lille team that won the league and cup double and, as a result of his performances, was named the Ligue 1 Player of the Year, the youngest player to win the award.
After Eden Hazard had over 190 appearances and scored 50 goals for Lille, he signed for English club Chelsea in June 2012. There, he won the UEFA Europa League in his first season and the PFA Young Player of the Year in his second. In the 2014–15 season, the Belgian international helped Chelsea win the League Cup and Premier League, earning him the FWA Footballer of the Year and the PFA Players’ Player of the Year awards. Two years later he won his second English league title as Chelsea won the 2016–17 Premier League. In 2018, he won the FA Cup, and was named in the FIFA FIFPro World XI.
The Belgian international talisman won the Europa League again with Chelsea in June 2019. At Stamford Bridge, Eden Hazard established himself as one of the best players in the world. In the summer of 2019 Eden Hazard joined Real Madrid in a transfer worth up to €150 million, making it one of the highest transfer fees ever, however continuous injuries resulted in Hazard playing a limited amount of games and declining in performances.
International football Career
The 32-year old having represented his country at various youth levels, he made his senior debut for the Belgium national team in November 2008, aged 17, in a friendly match against Luxembourg. close to three years after his debut, Hazard scored his first international goal against Kazakhstan in October 2011.
The Chelsea Legeng has since earned over 110 caps, and was a member of the Belgian squad which reached the quarter-finals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2016, and UEFA Euro 2020. During the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup, he captained Belgium to third place which was their best finish in history, receiving the Silver Ball as the second-best player of the tournament.
As a matter of fact, since 2015, he has been the captain of the team, which coincided with the time Belgium topped the FIFA men’s ranking for the first time, the longest continuous reign of any European team.
Eden Hazard’s Career Achievement
- Ligue 1: 2010–11
- Coupe de France: 2010–11
- Premier League: 2014–15, 2016–17
- FA Cup: 2017–18; runner-up: 2016–17
- Football League/EFL Cup: 2014–15; runner-up: 2018–19
- UEFA Europa League: 2012–13, 2018–19
- FIFA Club World Cup runner-up: 2012
- Supercopa de España: 2019–20
- FIFA World Cup third place: 2018
- UNFP Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year: 2008–09, 2009–10
- UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month: March 2010, March 2011, March 2012, April 2012
- Bravo Award: 2011
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 1st team: 2018, 2019, 2nd team: 2015; 4th team: 2014, 2016, 2017; Nominee: 2012
- FIFA Ballon d’Or/Ballon d’Or: 2015 (8th place), 2018 (8th place)
- The Best FIFA Men’s Player: 2018 (7th place), 2019 (8th place)
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2014–15
- Premier League Player of the Month: October 2016, September 2018
- PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15,2016–17
- PFA Young Player of the Year: 2013–14
- PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2013–14 (2nd place), 2014–15 (1st place), 2016–17 (2nd place)
- PFA Fans’ Premier League Player of the Month: October 2016
- PFA Fans’ Player of the Year: 2018–19
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2017, 2018
- UEFA Europa League Final Man of the Match: 2019
- UEFA Europa League Player of the Season: 2018–19
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2018–19
- Chelsea Player of the Year: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2016–17, 2018–19
- Chelsea Players’ Player of the Year: 2014–15, 2018–19
- FWA Footballer of the Year: 2014–15
- ESM Team of the Year: 2014–15
- Belgian Golden Shoe: 2017
- FIFA World Cup Silver Ball: 2018
- FIFA World Cup Fantasy McDonald’s Overall XI: 2018
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2018
- Belgian Sportsman of the year: 2018
- Premier League Goal of the Month: February 2017, April 2019
- Chelsea Goal of the Year: 2015–16 (vs. Tottenham Hotspur), 2016–17 (vs. Arsenal), 2018–19 (vs. Liverpool)
- FIFA World Cup top assist provider: 2018
- Premier League Playmaker of the Season: 2018–19
Eden Hazard Net Worth
Eden Hazard earns £20 million ($25 million) per year at Real Madrid. The Belgian attacking midfielder is sponsored by Nike but also endorses trading card company Topps and Biscoff biscuit manufacturers Lotus Bakeries. Hazard is currently considered as one of the best professional footballers in the world today.
As of 2022, Eden Hazard’s net worth is roughly $120 million.
Eden Hazard Net Worth: $120 Million
Eden Hazard’s Salary: $15 Million
Born: January 7, 1991
Country of Origin: Belgium
Education: Lille Sports Academy
Role Playing: Winger/Striker
Source of Wealth: Football, Endorsement
Martial Status: Married