Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the Ebonyi State University (EBSU), School of Postgraduate Studies for the 2022/2023 academic session. The programmes will lead to the award of Ph.D, M.Sc, MPA, PGD, PGDE, PGDN, MILD and LLM.
EBSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements/Duration
The EBSU School of Postgraduate Studies admission requirements must be satisfied by all candidates seeking for admission into any of the Postgraduate programmes.
All candidates seeking admission into EBSU SPGS must have a minimum of credit pass in Olevel English Language for all programmes. All candidates in Medical/Para-Medical Sciences, Pure and Applied Sciences and science-related programmes (Agricultural Sciences, Education, etc) must have a minimum of credit pass in mathematics. However, candidates applying for a Postgraduate Degree in Management Sciences, Arts, Social Sciences and Law may be considered with a pass in Mathematics. Nevertheless, courses such as Economics, Accountancy, and Banking and Finance are special exemptions required credit pass 2.3 in O’Level Mathematics.
A. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- An applicant for admission into any course of study leading to Postgraduate Diploma of Ebonyi State University shall be;
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree of Ebonyi State University or other institutions recognized by Senate; or
- A holder of the Higher National Diploma (HND) passed at upper credit level in a related discipline; or
- Holders of third class degree in an area shall normally be admitted to the PGD Programmes. However, the candidate shall not have a CGPA below 2 on 5-point grade scale.
- Holder of Higher National Diploma (HND) passed at Lower Credit Level in a related discipline with relevant work experience of 3 years.
B. Master of Science (MSc)
- Graduates of Ebonyi State University or graduates from other approved universities who have obtained the appropriate degree with at least a good second class honours or its equivalent;
- Holders of the EBSU Postgraduate Diploma or PGD from other recognized institutions who score a CGPA of not less than 2.5 on the 5 points grade scale or 60% average would be eligible for admission into the Master’s Programmes.
C. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- The following may apply for provisional registration as candidates for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in view. Graduates of approved Universities who have obtained the degree of Master’s appropriate to the proposed study. A candidate seeking admission into PhD programme from the Master’s programmes would obtained a CGPA of not less than 3.50 on 5 points grade.How to Apply for EBSU Postgraduate Admission
|Ph.D||3.50||6 semesters (Three years)|
How to Apply for EBSU Postgraduate Admission
Application forms are available for sale online at the cost of Ten Thousand Fifty Naira (N 10,050.00) only, while appropriate administrative charges will apply.
All interested applicants should visit the University portal at portal.ebsu.edu.ng.
- Click on online application forms
- Click on postgraduate application form
- Enter your mobile phone number and click on proceed
- Enter the required information and click on Submit to generate invoice
- Proceed to the bank with the payment invoice and make payment
- Obtain bank printout from the bank containing RRR number
- Submit your acknowledgement slip credentials and referee forms to Admission Unit of School of Postgraduate Studies.
For further information, please contact:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
The Public Relations Officer,
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.
SEE ALSO: ESUT JUPEB Form : Get Admitted Into 200 Level 2022/2023