Borno State University (BOSU) authorities have released the cutoff marks for the admission process for the 2022/2023 academic sessions.
Borno State University is located in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. Founded in 2016. It has four faculties with over 20 departments.
Borno State University cut-off mark
To participate in the BOSU Post UTME Screening exercises, you must have a minimum score of 140 or higher on the latest Unified Tertiary Matriculation (UTME) exam. View the cutoff marks for each program of the bosses below.
Agriculture › 150
Plant Science and Biotechnology › 150
Animal and Environmental Biology › 150
Biotechnology › 160
Informatics › 160
Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution › 150
Criminology and Security Studies › 150
All other courses › 140
General Admission Requirements
Gaining admission into an Undergraduate Programme in BSU is basically under 2 entry method which includes the UTME entry and the Direct Entry.
BSU Admission Requirements Through UTME
To gain admission into the Borno State University in 2022, UTME candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 160 in JAMB UTME examination
- Candidates must take BSU post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Borno State University (BSU)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
BSU Admission Requirements Through Direct Entry
Candidates who wish to gain admission through direct entry into the Borno State University (BSU) must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN.