AFENET Recruitment 2022 for an NSTOP LGA Officer
In this article we will show you the vital information on how to apply for AFENET Recruitment 2022. The application form has been made available at AFENET Recruitment portal. Interested and qualified applicant are hereby advised to follow the guides below to apply for the available positions.
AFENET Recruitment 2022
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET), is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa or the World Health Organisation Africa Region (WHO – AFRO). Established in 2005, AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent.
Do you have what it takes to get the job at the African Field Epidemiology Network? If you answered yes to this question, then proceed further and see what qualifications required to apply for the job.
To be selected for the job, you need to know the qualifications, requirements for applying for AFENET Recruitment 2022.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Stop Transmission of Poliomyelitis (NSTOP) LGA Officer (NSLO)
Locations: Kwara and Kogi
Work Hours: Full Time
- The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks the services of candidates to fill the following positions for the National Stop Transmission of Poliomyelitis (NSTOP) Program.
- Provide technical support for LGA PEI Team on polio eradication
- Serve as focal point for community outreach for nomadic, scattered and other hard to reach settlements
- Advise Chairman on polio response and routine immunization (RI) activities
- Participate in campaign preparations and implementation such as micro planning, training, logistical support, supervision, monitoring and evaluation as part of the LGA team.
- Conduct active surveillance for AFP and other priority diseases
- Coordinate immunization activities of NSTOP to complement partner efforts
- Work with LGA Chairman, LGA PEI team and community leaders to identify and train community level workers to conduct AFP surveillance, RI outreaches and immunization campaign activities.
- Supervise fixed and outreach RI activities.
AFENET Recruitment 2022 Requirements
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Veterinary Medicine, Life Sciences, Allied Health Sciences or Public Health is required and additional qualification in public health will be an advantage.
- At least 2 years of prior working experience on immunization or related public health programs with NGOs, UN organizations, Government agencies or Ministries.
- Experience working or interacting with nomadic or other migrant communities will be an advantage
- Incumbent is required to possess standard computer skills with experience in MS Word, MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Power-Point. Proficiency with CDC’s Epi-info statistical software will be an advantage. Ability to write concise technical activity reports is required.
- Must be resident within the LGA of assignment at time of assumption of duty otherwise job offer is nullified.
- Level IV (fluency) Speaking/ Writing in English is required. Must be fluent in Yoruba and any other local language spoken in Northern Nigeria such as Yoruba and Hausa etc.
- Knowledge of routine immunization, AFP surveillance, immunization campaigns, local government structure and primary health care system in Nigeria.
How to Apply AFENET Recruitment 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
If you want to stay updated on AFENET Recruitment 2022 kindly drop your email address in the subscription box below and we will keep you updated.